14 October 2007

The Perfect (Nobel) response


"I can't say I'm overwhelmed with surprise. I'm 88 years old and they can't give the Nobel to someone who's dead, so I think they were probably thinking they'd probably better give it to me now before I've popped off." -- Doris Lessing

(thanks for the heads up Tayari!)


Congratulations also to Al Gore, Nobel Peace Prize Winner! An Oscar, the Nobel...who needs the White House? Prediction, 2009: Al Gore wins Tony Award for "Global Warming on Broadway"....

2 comments:

BronzeBuckaroo said...

She comes across as a bit cantankerous. Did you catch her response on CNN. So different than other Nobel winners of this prize. I liked her immediately.

Reginald Harris said...

Well she HAS been around for a while, and has been politically active and giving folks what-for for years. She's just being herself (bless her)...and as you know 'older people' have the go ahead to say what they think!

Followers